Monday, July 27, 2009

The Town Festival

This weekend was the town festival. It was a good diversion from a rainy weekend. The festival was literally right outside our door so it was easy to check out the parades, marathon, free kids activities, good food (well not good for you), and lots of music. Alissa's favorite thing was the music. She loved listening and dancing to any kind of music from the trumpets to a rock band with a groupie following. There were plenty of dogs for her to pet and "tall men" (guys on stilts) walking around to keep her continually entertained.

Mason also had a great time and played one game with the "town chess player". He underestimated Mason's skill based on his age and therefore Mason gave him a run for his money (one that he couldn't regain) and therefore Mason won the game! He was so proud.

All in all, it was a great three days. One week left until we can pick up our documents from the courthouse.

Today we went to the orphanage to get the paperwork we needed for the courthouse, the birthcertificate and the passport. I think Alissa Maya was a bit scared, but we made it through okay. When we were leaving one of the ladies asked if Maya could come back to her "wing" to say hi. It made me nervous because I didn't want her to think we were leaving her there - so I was invited along. All of the kids were just sitting down for lunch and all said hi to Maya and then papa (which is good-bye). It was cute and I wish I had remembered my camera that day. On the way back the caregiver said, "oh she is scared, she doesn't like it here." I did tell her that they did a great job taking care of Alissa Maya and I did mean it. They really do a great job at this orphanage.
Just in case you thought I had forgotten to post one of Matt's infamous food pictures I thought I would include this one. As you can see he has now enlisted help in his quest to ensure pictures of the local food. Matt is eating Bigos (different sausages stewed with cabbage/saurkraut) and Mason has a kielbasa (we think).









No comments:

Post a Comment