Thursday, July 9, 2009

We have our appointment with the court psychologist and then off to the beach for the week!


We will be meeting with the court psychologist on the 15th. Standard practice. Our translator comes up for the meeting and it lasts about an hour. They see how we are bonding, how the kids are bonding, etc. Once that is over we are going to change apartments and move to the beach for 5 nights prior to our court date. We can't wait.

While Lembork is nice, it is a small town and there just isn't a lot to do. People "parade" up and down the main "pedestrian only" strip with their very nice baby carriages that all seem to have suspension systems (a must for cobblestone streets I guess) and buy ice cream. The parks have one or two slides, two swings, one or two seesaws, and some hanging bars. Maybe they have some sort of twirly ride and/or a sandbox. But I'm not so sure of the sand since I've only ever seen kids playing in one of the sandboxes and it was fenced off. We have found a river walk where they have one wading/beach area but it has been busy each time we get there and it has rained the last three days. We also found a pretty cool "baby mama cafe". There are toys for the kids, kids food, and coffee and desserts for moms. The concept works pretty well, but the toys are a bit young for Mason.

Five days at the beach (Weba) with a pensione that has a pool, outdoor playground, bikes, etc will be just what he needs. (FYI, none of these places are in our guide book.) It is possible we won't have internet connection while we are there. However, we can still access email. You just might not get the most detailed answer from us.

Things are going "as expected" with Maya. We've made it through the "honeymoon phase" and are deep in the "testing phase". I hear this goes on for awhile. But we are making progress by helping her learn to use words to express what she wants or doesn't want. We are also working on "bonding/attachment" by rocking her to sleep, hugs, kisses, etc. Today she fell asleep on me and I decided to just let her nap there. We took pictures to show her that we both fell asleep. She was just amazed at the pictures.












5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your experiences! My new favorite picture is the one of Mason and Maya playing with the pillows. Their smiles are infectious. We are growing excited to meet her and see the family! We miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What absolutely wonderful family time! I agree with the other writer regarding the picture of children and the pillows! I can't help but giggle myself and smile when I look at their precious smiles!! Glad to hear things are going well for you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! The beach sounds like the perfect place to build family memories together!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos, my favorite is of you and Maya sleeping. There's nothing as precious as mother and child, heart to heart.

    What beach town will you be going to? If it's Kolobrzeg I can give you some directions on spots and internet access.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christina, thank you for the update and updated photos. It was wonderful talking with you all (and seeing you) yesterday. You are such a remarkable family; Maya truly is blessed. Question for you, I don't see the photo of Mason and Maya playing with the pillows in the photos that you have uploaded to the photo site. Am I missing something or can I ask you to upload that (and perhaps others) pic? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete