Okay - Maybe I am......
It appears that when you apply for a Polish passport and you are newly adopoted you must get a new "SSNlike" number before the passport can be processed. It seems these numbers are only assigned on Tuesday and Thursdays. It also seems that they don't always get assigned on the first Tuesday or Thursday after you apply. Sooooo, we have to wait until Tuesday to see IF the Polish Government processes this number for us on Tuesday. This is turning into a minimum of a 7 day wait for the Polish passport, the estimate was 3-4.
Since we had a 4.5 week bonding time period we have already been here longer than most people and truthfully this set back is just annoying. It would have been helpful to know up front that these numbers were only processed on these two days AND they are not always assigned on the first day. It doesn't make me feel any better when I'm told that an Italian couple waited more than three weeks to get their passport to leave in July.
To top it off, this limbo just isn't good for Alissa. We need to leave, get home, and start the transition process all over again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I know how you feel about wanting to leave so you can start your life properly. We were in Poland for six weeks and it drained us out! I just wanted to be back home in a place where I can go shopping for whatever I needed without having to worry about the luggage weight. I wanted the convenience of laundry at home, cooking a meal, proper bath, or just watching television in the living room without waking the kids up (we lived in hotel suites where there was no privacy between where we slept and the kids slept).
ReplyDeleteI hope you get the Pesel number soon and that the next phase will go real quick!
Hopefully you'll get those numbers sooner than later and you'll be able to go home. It's been a long stay for you but maybe in a few months it will all be a distant memory and you'll have years and years of making good memories.
ReplyDeleteOh, how I feel your pain. We were in Poland for 7 weeks, and the last few were the most difficult... we all just wanted to go home!!!
ReplyDeleteHang in there, you are so close!!
You can do it!! I was there almost 8 weeks, my husband left after 5 weeks. I wanted soooo badly to bring our son home & really start our life together :-) I feel your frustration!! You can do it!!!
ReplyDelete