Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wish us luck!

Mad Rush Thursday is what tomorrow is called. We just found out this afternoon that the US embassy is closed on Friday. So in order to make our plane on Saturday - we have to finally have someone - well alot of people - care about getting us out of the country.

We will be rushing against the clock to see if we can get the Visa before the embassy closes at 5pm. This will not be easy and involve us splitting up, Matt and Mason taking a 5am train to Warsaw, Alissa and I sitting in an office being awful convincing that it would be easier to give us the passport ASAP, taking a 6 hour car ride, getting a medical review, and to the embassy to print the Visa before 4:45pm.

Wish us luck. Alissa is a mess with the packed bags. She broke down crying this afternoon twice and wanted to be held. Which I guess is good because it is the first time I've seen her really cry and want to be comforted vs. yelling/crying. The first time we were upstairs visiting with an Italian couple who is adopting a boy from the same orphanage. She was fine for 15 minutes and then possibly thought we were leaving her there, because she just broke down crying. Then as she was unpacking my suitcase (as I was packing it) she started crying. It has to be terribly confusing. No amount of "talking it through" has to make it all clear. At least she is looking to us to comfort her through the whole thing.

3 comments:

  1. So sorry the end of your journey has been so stressful. I'm sending all the positive thoughts I can your way. Good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on Thursday!! We found the embassy staff very helpful as we did our final dash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AND YOU DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete