Monday, August 10, 2009

Fresh Beet and Apple Juice

So the news on our Polish passport -was - well maybe Thursday.... Needless to say no one is happy and we are going to go back to the orphanage tomorrow with our documents to see if another process will work faster than this process. Ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No one is happy here. I've been preparing to pack everything up and can't figure out if I should pack or not.

But, we did discover that Alissa likes fresh "juiced" beet and apple juice. Drank it right down. I had ordered it for myself just to see what it tasted like and sure enough she drank half of it. Mason wasn't impressed. I didn't think it was bad so we will see if my juicer can handle the beets. (If we ever get home!)

Our new song is, "If you are happy and you know it....". She likes singing it and doing the hand motions so it is a new favorite here. Mason is playing along and jumping in with all kinds of crazy things to do if you are happy.

Good luck to all of the families that are here in Poland. There are four of us that I know of.

6 comments:

  1. "If you're happy and you know it.." is the first English song we taught our kids in Poland. We needed it real bad for when all three kids were sort of sad and depressed. It helped put them in a good mood. They now LOVE that song and every time they're in a good mood they begin to sing it.

    I hope you manage to find a faster way to get the passports done. Thinking of you and hoping you'd be home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear this news, Christina. I know that you all must be extremely frustrated. We will keep our travel plans flexible. Ellie and I just hope that Thursday is the LAST day in that small town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you & feeling your pain! Hope it's all resolved sooner than expected :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry the whole passport issue is taking so long. That was the one thing that worked out on a timely basis for us. I wish you could just come to Warsaw, meet and get some support from us other 3 families in the form of singing happy songs together and hugs. We leave on Friday, sorry Mason. But Jen is here a little longer and Melanie about another month.

    You're all in our prayers for speedy passport processing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the reassurance. Have a safe trip home! We are glad you guys got through the passport process on time because we are able to point to your experience and say - "someone has already received their passports, this hang-up isn't normal - - please, please follow up and make sure we aren't lost in process."

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you guys make it home soon! *Some* day this will make a great story...

    ReplyDelete