Today is Thursday so we called Maya again this morning. We have to call her at 6:30am our time so that we get her between lunch and naptime. Everyone piled into our bed this morning to make the call - even Maizey. This morning Maya surprised us with a song. So cute. We then sang "Ring around the Rosey" which we had done when we were in Poland. She remembered the word "down" from our trip (which is really the funnest part of the song.) Talking on the phone is really so hard because you can't use hand signals nor interact with her environment. They are really very good at the orphanage helping her talk on the phone and encouraging her to interact with us.
Yesterday I did some research on flight arrangements to better understand how much lead time we really needed in order to get to Poland. I found out that Northwest airlines (and now Delta) have "adoption discounts" that they provide. These are tickets that do not require lead time to purchase and have flexible return dates, with a return ticket for your child. Since we need to purchase a refundable/changeable ticket this is a much cheaper and more importantly flexible option. Better yet, we can tell Poland that lead time isn't really that important, we would rather get to Poland faster.
On another note, I added some links on the left hand side of the blog that link to other people's blogs that are adopting or have just adopted from Poland. There are not that many of us, but there are a few and it seems we are all in process one way or another. I have found the information so very helpful.
Hopefully we will be in Poland soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Maya- God has chosen you to be with a very special family who already loves you so much.
ReplyDeleteSharon and Dave Van Dyke
I am glad there is some good communication on the phone calls. I believe I remember that you left pictures too. This all will help so much when you see her again. Hopefully VERY soon!
ReplyDeleteHow beautiful is your little girl! I went through your previous entries and am loving the vidoes! She is darling! It is so neat that you get to talk with her on the phone. Is your husband Polish, or have you learned some? I suppose we need to get on that! We just heard from our agency and are expecting a travel date relatively soon (within the month?). She says that we do not need to take a first trip and that because we are in Warsaw, she suspects that it will move along faster than expected!
ReplyDelete