On Monday we were able to have a short call with Maya. Phone calls just aren't the best way to communicate with a three year old that doesn't speak the same language. But, Maya has been practicing singing us a song which is pretty cute AND Mason has been practicing his Polish to tell Maya, "Hi, Maya. I am Mason and I am your brother." He does a great job. He has also learned how to say "high five" in Polish.
We heard back from the team in Poland and the judge has requested updated employement letters, which we sent to them ASAP on Monday. On the positive side, this means the judge has reviewed our documents and has only requested this one thing, which they got right away. On the negative side, we were told that it would probably be another week before we hear when our court date will be.
We have been working diligently on finishing our odds and ends projects from our last rennovation work and getting Maya's room ready to go. Mason painted a picture of a rosebush for her room this weekend. Such a sweetie. We put bookshelves and started adding a few board books and toys. Mason's friends have all been giving Maya some of their toys which has made Mason very proud. So good to see. My parents have refinished two little dressers that both my mom and I had in our rooms when we were little girls. They should arrive on Thursday. My greatgrandfather made them out of orange crates when my mom was little. She is also sending up my strawberry shortcake dolls and other doll clothes that I had. I can't wait to put them in her room. Once everything is in I'll post pictures.
The lesson: wait, wait, wait, wait --- you have no control, you have no control, you have no control------wait, wait, wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You said it on the "wait, wait, wait" comment!
ReplyDeleteWell, it is encouraging that the judge has looked at your file and only wanted the one piece of paper updated. Here is hoping for news next week...or before!
Also, her room sounds great!
Wow! When you're done with her room, can you come over and do my kids' room? We were hesitant to do anything before the adoption is finalized. Now we're just behind the ball on the decoration part.
ReplyDeleteI've been there re: not doing the room first. I didn't do anything until after the first visit to meet her and after we heard back that the central authority and the embassy gave their approval. Plus it is the only thing I can control right now..... I didn't decorate my ds's room until he turned 5 - so my guess is the kids don't really notice it. Good luck
ReplyDelete