Monday, November 22, 2010

The year just goes by so fast....


This time of year is very exciting and stressful all at the same time. There are alot of expectations, changes to schedules, meeting of people we don't know. But you get to play in leaves, watch parades, and all kinds of other fun things.



We had a great time trying to get a family picture with the cat in the picture. Of course the kids got to roll around in the leaves after the picture so they participated long enough to get some good pictures:)

Alissa is a very enthusiastic parade watcher. The boy scouts were passing out these flags and she made sure she got one to wave at everyone that marched by.


Of course Halloween was fun. Alissa had fun drawing her first pumpkin which we used as a design for her carved pumpkin. Alissa still talks about the candy and thinks we will be "trick or treating" for Thanksgiving by going from house to house saying "Thank you" instead...... She decided to be a spider herself and wanted me to be a spider web. I found a t-shirt with a spider web on it and went along. I thought she was a pretty cute spider.

She finished up her first season of soccer and had a very good time. The medal was amazing to her and truthfully she probably earned it by being brave enough to tough it out. Dad was the coach which gave her enough confidence to go out on the field and do what she wanted to do. After the first game her panic attacks pretty much stopped and she got out there and played soccer. (Note: we gave her a red ball and all of the other kids had white balls. This gave her the ability to track her ball much easier.) Now she wants to play basketball (what do you think her brother is into now????:)

AND we have added a new favorite food to the list: Pumpkin soup!






8 comments:

  1. I love the update. I agree with this time being hectic but wonderful! How wonderful to share the holidays with your loved ones! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last picture in your post at the soccer field is about the cutest ever! Those two smiles say "We did it!" YEA! Also, can you post the receipe for the pumpkin soup? I bet it is really yummy! What a great update. It's wonderful to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos. What a wonderful recap. Have a happy, blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a KILLER spider costume! LOVE IT! Thank you for sharing, I'm glad Alissa is continuing to do well and loved soccer. Great family photos in the leaves. I hope you all have a happy Thanksgiving, and maybe Alissa gets to do a little Thank-or-treating??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just updated myself with your last few posts. I'm so out of touch! LOL! I just wanted to tell you that you are amazing parents! I don't know how you do it? It sounds like your are right on top of everything and you found some great doctors. That's so important! We have gotten so many mixed messages about our boy and I feel it's because none of these doctors, pshychologists, etc. have ever worked with adopted children. If it wasn't for our "blogging community" I think I would be lost. It sounds like God matched you all perfectly. God's Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your update! It's awesome to see how much she's grown.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I just found your blog (I can't believe I haven't seen it before!). I am in Poland right now with our new, 3.5 year old daughter, Aven. THANK YOU for sharing such details of Alissa's adjustments - I think we are going to have a similar experience when we get our Aven home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would love to hear the stories and be glad to help out or just be a sounding board if you need it. speh98@comcast.net is our email
    Congratulations on your adoption of Aven!

    ReplyDelete