This weekend one of the kids asked Alissa to go ask an adult that she didn't know well to come over and play. She ran up to them, stopped, and said, "Person, come here!" This "person" is a teacher and broke out laughing saying it had to be the first time she had been called, "Person".
Recently we were making banana bread together and I handed Alissa the banana peels and asked her to throw them away. She got off the stool to go do this, stopped, turned to look at me and said, "Where's compost, Mommy?" So who thinks the Audubon Nature Preschool is rubbing off on her?
Whenever you answer a question and she has no idea what you are saying she says, "Oh yes, I see."
She has recently started saying, "Oh my goodness gracious." Sounds pretty funny coming out of a four year old.
We told her the pool opened this weekend. She said, "That is awesome, mommy!"
I'm sure there are many more, but these are the ones making us laugh this past week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Keep posting these. They're fantastic! I love hearing my children's English progress. It's so tempting to laugh at times, but we know we aren't supposed to.
ReplyDeleteI love the "person, come here" - adorable!
I love the "oh yes, I see." So cute!!
ReplyDeleteGREAT post. I just love reading about the darndest things kids say! This one really gave me a good laugh too.
ReplyDeleteSo precious! Thanks for sharing, person. Lol.
ReplyDeleteLove the innocence. :)
I agree, "oh yes, I see." is the best one. So have you started your compost yet? :) Too funny.
ReplyDelete"Person, come here," hilarious! I need to be writing more and more of these down... :)
ReplyDeletePlease share more when you hear them! These are great!! So funny!
ReplyDeleteHi there. I found your blog while doing research on Polish adoption. My husband and I live in Arlington, VA. If you read this, I would greatly appreciate the chance to visit with you about your experience. We are looking at 2 agencies at the moment. Many thanks in advance, megsybarron@gmail.com
ReplyDelete